How to Create Products
Display and edit products or services
Create, display, and edit products or services offered by your business. For example, if you're a baker your products might include sourdough bread and gluten-free bread.
Creating products is a five-step process:
- Create a category hierarchy.
- Add a product to a category.
- Set product billing.
- Customise product options.
- Customise product attributes.
Opening the Products & Services page
Create items for sale, manage categories, set prices, and more on the Products & Services page.
- Go to the Upmind dashboard.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Products & Services tile.
- The Product catalogue page displays.
Creating a category
Every product sits inside a product category. Categories, like products, can be edited at any time.
Adding the first category
- On the Product catalogue page, click the Add New button.
- Select Products category.
- Enter a unique category name.
- Add a product category description. This text is visible to website visitors.
- Click Create.
- The category now displays on the Product catalogue page.
After you create the first category, you can create a subcategory. (optional).
The default setting is do not create a subcategory (unchecked box). Leave the default setting to create a standalone category.
To create a subcategory:
- Check the subcategory box.
- Click the field and select an existing parent category (or create a new parent category).
- Add a description.
- Click Create.
- The Product catalogue screen displays the category hierarchy.
Creating a product
Now you’re ready to add products and services to a category. There are two ways to start. Both options take you to the Add product window.
On the Product catalogue page:
- Click the Add New button and select Product. Or,
- Click the three-dot icon for a category and select Add product.
- Leave the default Single product setting or select Product bundle.
- Fill in the rest of the fields.
- Click Create.
Learn more about Product bundles.
- On the Product catalogue page, click the product.
- The Product details page displays. It shows the category and product name.
Adding product details
On this page, add or edit product information. There are two boxes for product descriptions.
- Use the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION box to display long passages that review benefits and features.
- Use the PRODUCT SHORT DESCRIPTION box for short, persuasive copy. For best results, use a maximum of 118 characters.
Product Description displays on the Add to cart page. For passages that exceed 293 characters, Upmind automatically clips the text and inserts a read more link.
The Product Short Description displays on the Add to basket page.
Click a button to upload images (maximum 10 pictures). These images display on your product page.
To change the default image, hover a thumbnail and click the star.
Learn about suggested image sizes.
Setting bulk order permissions
You can customize bulk order settings. The default setting is No, which means the customer cannot change the order quantity. To order two or more items of the same product (when set to No), the customer must add the item multiple times to the shopping cart.
To permit bulk orders, select an option and then click Save.
- Click Yes to enable bulk orders.
- If you select Yes, the customer can change the quantity on the order page.
- Click Yes, in multiples of and then set the number. (optional). This figure sets the minimum order quantity and the rate of change for bulk orders.
- On the Product order page, the minimum order matches the bulk order setting. In addition, the quantity ordered increases or decreases in increments of the bulk order setting each time a customer clicks the plus (+) or minus (-) icon.
Updated 6 months ago