This article shows you how to create automated product notifications. You define a trigger (e.g. someone buys a product), create a message (e.g. thanks for your purchase), and set a channel (e.g. email, Slack). After that's all set up, the process runs automatically. Upmind sends the message whenever the defined trigger occurs.
The first step is to create a product trigger. This is the event that causes Upmind to send a pre-defined message.
- Log in to your account.
- Click Settings.
- On the next page, click Products & Services.
- Scroll down the page and click a product.
- On the Product details page, click Product notifications under the Product details heading.
- On the next page, click the Add button. The Add notification panel displays.
- Click the blank field.
- Select a trigger type.
- Enter a unique name for this notification (the client does not see this).
- Select message type: email, In-app, or Slack (choices depend on which notification channels you add to your store).
Click the field and select a category of people to receive the message.
- Enter a subject line for the message.
- Create the message body with a mix of text and code snippets.
If you are unsure how to create a message template with snippets of Twig code, see How to Format Email Templates.
- Click Save.
- Click Create on the next panel. Upmind adds the message to the Product notification list.
- To edit the trigger or message, click the name.
- To delete a trigger, click the gear icon.
In this example, we created a Thank you email message. Upmind sends the notification after a client orders a product and pays the invoice.
Updated 9 months ago