Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit cards. It can be easily linked with Upmind as a payment method. Our implementation is transparent (as in the client is not sent off to Stripe's payment pages) and allows the clients to enter card data that is sent to Stripe and tokenised with them.
A token is then stored in Upmind, along with an identifier for the card (last four digits, card type, expiry date). The full card data is never stored by Upmind.
Before you add this payment method, log in to your Stripe account and copy the API key. Go to
Developers and then:
- either copy your Secret Key
- or generate a Restricted Key with the following write access:
- SetupIntents and
Copy this key and paste it into the Key section in the Upmind configuration area.
Setting up Stripe is straightforward. Go to
Payment providers in your admin area. Then click
Add payment provider and choose Stripe.
Scroll down the page and add details.
Test Mode defines whether you want to be in Stripe test mode. Stored defines whether you want to allow clients to store cards or simply use them for one-time purchases.
- Enter a display name. We suggest Credit or debit card.
- Click the Test Mode field and select No.
- Enter the API key.
- Click the Stored field and select an option.
- Click the Test Credentials button to verify your account.
- Scroll through the list of credit cards and toggle off card types. The default setting is all On.
- Add currencies (optional).
- Enter payment instructions. (optional)
- Click Create.
The Stripe statement description can be changed under
For Stripe customers in India that are not sole traders, you can only accept INR as a currency through Stripe. Stripe's error is as follows:
As per Indian regulations, only registered Indian businesses (i.e. sole proprietorships, limited liability partnerships and companies, but not individuals) can accept international payments. More info here: https://stripe.com/docs/india-exports
You can change or update the payment method. Go to the Payment providers page, click the gear icon, and select Edit.
Updated 3 months ago